Newcastle Afoot is a locally owned and operated small tour business, with a focus on sharing Newcastle's exciting culture and community.
We saw a gap in the provision of tours that introduce people to Newcastle's modern and diverse cultural landscape, alongside our heritage and gorgeous beaches.
Hi Becky here, this is what I love about running Newcastle Afoot!
- To create fun and informative experiences that encourage conversation about the changing face of Newcastle.
- To assist visitors and those new to town to make the most of their time here.
- To support local artists, small businesses, and independent bars and clubs. Supporting local community is a core part of why we run this business. We do not receive commission or paybacks for promoting anyone as part of our tours.
- To provide a balanced and factual tour, in consultation with heritage specialists and appropriate cultural groups. We see a significant need to increase accessible information about Aboriginal heritage and culture in Newcastle.
- To consider our environmental footprint in every decision we make in the running of our business.